Monday, April 14, 2014

happy monday!

On a day that traditionally brings the blues ("sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays!"), I thought I'd use the next several Mondays as an opportunity to keep ya'll updated on my #100happydays progress and share any thoughts I've had along the way.
This is also helpful for those of you who don't have instagram and so haven't seen anything I've been posting about it (hi, mom!). Also also helpful for me in case I feel like throwing in the towel before my 100 days is complete.

This first week was easy and fun. It's a bit more difficult on days that I work because I'm pretty much holed up inside for 13 hours and hospital walls aren't exactly the most "happy day" inducing.
The best part is when I post and then get kind of bummed that I don't "have to" look for happiness in my day anymore. I, of course, still do. It makes me much more aware of those small moments that make my day. It makes me appreciate life more. Seriously! I know that sounds silly, but it's true.

I highly encourage ya'll to participate if you haven't started yet. Hop on this bandwagon with me! We're all in a good mood up here!
Day 1 - a fabulous muffin from Mokah Coffee Bar
Day 2 - Oatmeal Coconut Cookies that I brought to work.
They bought me some new friends.
Day 3 - Kate Spade earrings in the mail! Adorable packaging.
Day 4 - Strawberry Fields pie slice from Emporium Pies.
Strawberries, raspberries, rhubarb. So good.
Day 5 - "thank you" donuts on a Saturday morning from the kindest doc.
Day 6 - a crocheted scarf made by my patient's sweet, sweet wife.
Day 7 - my local library, with it's adorable 60's-style vibe.

I would also looove to see the progress ya'll have made if you decided to start your 100 days!
Send me a link to your instagram, facebook, medium of choice in the comments and I'll start featuring my favorites every week.
If you want to follow my progress, you can find me on instagram @em_andthecity!
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment