Monday, July 29, 2013

denver community dinner.

I've spent the last 4 days in Denver and, as per usual, am aching to live here.
Don't get me wrong -- I love Dallas; the food, the culture, the cost of living. Denver is just so terribly tempting with it's seasons, sustainable culture, and the family I have up here.

On Sunday night, I went to a community dinner with my cousin, his wife, and her parents. I've always wanted to go to a community dinner so I jumped on the opportunity. The idea is that everyone sits at a long table running the length of the restaurant and shares the meal, "family style". You get to know people you wouldn't otherwise and share in food and fellowship.

Granted, we just hung out with our group of 5, but we still had a great time. I was so happy to experience more of Denver's culture and dive into the city that I will hopefully someday call home. And in case you already do call it home, check out Satchel's on 6th for their community dinners every other Sunday night. And invite me when I'm in town!
Afterwards, we sat sipping wine in the backyard, listening to sleepy, "mush" music. The weather was a cool 75 all day and dropped into the low 60's as we chatted. What a great way to end this mini-vacation.

On this trip, I also got to meet my cousin's sweet baby, Rowan. What a happy boy!
I told him to use his baby telekinesis to get my nephew to hurry up. That's how it works, right?

Is there a place you've always itched to move to?
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment