Friday, May 3, 2013

em + the kitchen - PB cake.

There are some combinations in the world that just make sense together.
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite of those.
I just plain don't understand people who don't like peanut butter. And people who don't like chocolate? Well. I don't know any of them because I've distanced myself from anyone who has ever spoken such blasphemy.
This cake is moist and delicious and not sickly sweet. It was gone before 11am at work if that's any indication as to just how good it is.
What scavengers! ;)
My coworkers (who also have the task of being my guinea pigs) raved about this cake and made me blush, so I knew I had to post the recipe.

Originally from Bake or Break. Go check her out.
Ingredients:
2 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350°.

Coat a 9″x 13″ baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, combine flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
Mix in baking powder and baking soda. Mix in milk and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle top with reserved flour mixture and chocolate chips. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


Go. Now.
Make this cake.
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment