Tuesday, April 30, 2013

things I love - april.

April's been a bad month of blogging for me. Sorry about that. I figured I'd better squeeze in a "Things I Love" post before I was out of month to work with.

This month has been filled with flowers, baked goods, fantastic weather, and is probably the month I'll be able to recall whenever I'm diagnosed with skin cancer. Eeep.

Not only did I go on vacation to California this month, but my BFFL came to visit (her family, but I can pretend she came just for me, right?). Like I said...it's been a good month,

Queen of all things sustainable and hippie extraordinaire, Nat. It was so good for my soul to have her here. I already miss her already.

These sweet bluebonnets were growing in front of her parents' house. I had two of my own pop up in my yard, but they were quickly mowed down the next day by my yard service.

Another reason to love this month? My music-loving friend, Rachel, practically read my mind when she bought two of these tickets because did I want to go? Uh, YES. Ya'll. The Neighbourhood are my favorite up-and-coming band and I highly recommend you check them out. Even if you don't, I'll be blogging about the show so you'll have to hear about them anyway. Might as well do it on your own terms, riiight?

Just another sweet reminder that spring is here! Pretty pink blossoms in Rachel's front yard.

Finally, the reason this month has truly ruled: my week-long trip to California with Pete. The weather couldn't have been better or the beach more welcoming. There's something to be said about a vacation where your main plans include sleep, tan, eat, repeat.
Not to mention !!! I got to cross "go snorkeling" off my 30 Before 30! Awesome. We kayaked and snorkeling the (very cold) Pacific in La Jolla Cove. It was really cool and one of my favorite parts of the trip. Unfortunately, I have no evidence, so you'll just have to trust.









These are just a few photos. The rest can be seen here.

So much to be thankful for. I can't wait for May!
(Not to mention, I have plenty of recipes I need to share with ya'll.)
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment