Saturday, December 21, 2013

things i love - december.

Ya'll...ya'll.
I'm so sorry I haven't posted all month. December has not been particularly kind to me. I've mostly just been trying to keep my head above the water -- forget blogging and baking! Thankfully, I have some of the best friends a girl could hope for and a God who watches over me so I've made it through. Phew.

Soon I'll be jetting off driving 13 hours in a car on Monday to get to Colorado where I hope to emerge with many tasty baked goods and sweet, Christmas-y blog posts.

For now, I'll reflect on the good that's come out of this month.

Great views of the city I love on the way to try new things.
(Seriously, check out that first link to Trinity Groves. It's an excellent concept.)

Stellar customer service from a chef who holds my heart (and stomach).
Long story short - my favorite restaurant closed down and I tweeted my condolences at the chef.
He actually responded to me, then invited me to dine at another of his restaurants - Neighborhood Services.
When we arrived, we were treated like VIP and he made the above dish
(a favorite at the now-closed place) especially for us.
It's not a normal menu item. We were blown away and ecstatic. It was a really cool experience.

Tiny, cluttered coffee shops that smell delightful.

Purchase from said coffee shop for a dear friend.
This item makes coffee that even snobs can appreciate.

My new, very colorful drive home from work.

Eating new foods - which, in this case, includes but is not limited to:
pig tail and a full pig head.

Have you eaten anything crazy lately?
Was it in Dallas? Holler. I wanna know.
-e.


Things in this post worth checking out:
-Trinity Groves
-Kitchen LTO
-CBD Provisions
-Coffee Company
-Neighborhood Services

No comments:

Post a Comment