Friday, May 23, 2014

things to do in dallas - latin deli.

 Do yourself a favor and make your way over to Abrams and NW Hwy this weekend to scope out this great hole-in-the-wall, Latin Deli.
A month or two ago, this place kept popping up on my Yelp search whenever I was looking for places to eat in North Dallas. I'd never heard of it before, but it had only one dollar sign next to its' name and the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Not long after, my good friends, Jon and Erin, mentioned they'd been there and loved it. I knew I had to try it then because ya'll know I can't be behind on any good food to be had in Dallas.
Peter and I ventured there on our Adventure Extraordinaire (he took a day off work...). Truth be told, we were actually looking forward to brunch at Crossroads Diner (those sticky buns!) but found out quickly that it's closed on Mondays.
As we became more hangry, we just wanted someplace to eat, please! Latin Deli popped up and I knew immediately where we'd be going.
 We almost missed the turn it - keep your eyes peeled. It truly is a hole-in-the-wall. But ya'll, the best food often comes from these types of places.
They have breakfast, but we both found other menu items that looked too good to pass up. Pete ordered and thoroughly enjoyed a (very messy) Cubano. I ordered the chicken crepes you see in the first picture. Both items came with a chipotle mayo and delightfully seasoned starches.

 Before we left, we had to get dessert, of course. We opted for the Tres Leches cupcakes which were awesome. They also had some fantastic looking carrot cupcakes that I will definitely be back for. In fact, I can't wait to go back just to try something else on the menu.

Definitely add this one to your rotation, ya'll. Or at least to your list of "Must Try" in Dallas!
Check out my Yelp profile for my bookmarked "must tries"!
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment