Sunday, June 1, 2014

em + the kitchen - funfetti blondies.

The beginning of June marks the beginning of my birthmonth which is absolutely a real thing and definitely something that I celebrate. This particular June happens to be my golden birthmonth. Ya'll. I'm turning 26 on the 26th and I keep saying that this year is the last year I'll make a big deal of my birthday, but we all know that's not true.
So, to mark the start of my birthmonth, I have a super tasty funfetti recipe to share.
Funfetti recipes are all over the place, but most of them use boxes of cake mix and I just really like for my treats to be made completely from scratch. I think it's a pride issue. Hah.

Anyway, this recipe is sort of a mixture of a bunch of different recipes, all tweaked to be exactly what I wanted. They turned out great and I think my roommate would agree. It was delightfully butter-flavored and now my mouth is watering. Mmm.
Also, I would definitely recommend using the traditional rainbow jimmies, but if I'm being totally honest here, I started making these thinking I had some available, but then realized I'd used them all up in my last funfetti venture.
No worries, they still tasted awesome. They stay gooey and soft on the inside, but have just the right amount of crunch on the outside. And I may or may not have had them for breakfast more than once this week...

Funfetti Blondies
(makes 16 squares)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of baking soda
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (this is an estimate, I put 2 handfuls in - very scientific measurement)
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
6 tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp imitation butter extract

Preheat oven to 350*.
Liberally grease 8x8 pan or line with parchment paper to prevent sticking.

Mix dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and soda, and salt - in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Cream together butter and sugar. Once light and fluffy, add egg and extract. Beat well.
Add dry ingredients until just mixed. Stir in white chocolate chips and sprinkles.

Pour batter - which should look like wet cookie dough - into pan and spread to fit.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Let cool completely before slicing.
Enjoy!


Do ya'll celebrate your birthmonth? Tell me I'm not the only one.
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment