Thursday, August 21, 2014

things to do in dallas - nazca kitchen.

One very rainy day after church, Peter and I decided we wanted to grab a bite near Watermark instead of fighting the gloomy skies. I'd been to Nazca Kitchen once before and was struck by the unique menu. I knew it would be the perfect place to linger over lunch as we waited for the clouds to part.

Nazca Kitchen may seem like a typical Latin American restaurant, but their fare is much more uncommon than that. They specialize in Southern American cuisine featuring cold quinoa salads, acai bowls, and fresh ceviches, among other excellent selections. The menu offers food items I haven't found anywhere else in Dallas, and on top of that, the service is always attentive.
When we went that Sunday, we discovered they were serving brunch, so Peter ordered a chorizo dish while I got butter leaf lettuce-wrapped fish tacos made with butter lettuce grown on site! (Okay, fine, fine. I got one with the lettuce wrap, the other with their flour-corn tortilla blend. What can I say, this girl loves bread!)

The meal was perfection and -- bonus! -- if you check in on Yelp, you get a free personal-size rum bread pudding. Ya'll know I never turn down dessert.
This is a must try. It will impress and challenge your taste buds!
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment