Tuesday, August 26, 2014

things to do in dallas - restaurant week 2014.

Remember when I told you about Restaurant Week? Have you gone? There's one week left! Don't miss out this year! Seriously, it's so worth it.

Peter, Jon, Erin, and I went last week to two different restaurants that participated. It's always fun exploring a small section of the menu, each of us trying to get something different so we can all taste everything. We also play a sort of game where we decide who wins each tasting round. You win some, you lose some, but you all get great food, so really it's just a win all around.

This year we chose to go to Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse and Tei-An and there were some definite highlights from each.

At Y.O. Ranch, we were all really impressed with the tabasco shrimp and grits. I ordered the fried green tomatoes with crab meat and remoulade. Peter got a smoky bacon, sweet potato, and corn chowder that was excellent as well. For the entree, I thought Peter won hands-down with his 14-oz ribeye, but Jon got some votes with his buffalo filet. I ordered the chicken fried lobster tail and was not impressed. Dessert was a tie (in my opinion!) between chocolate cake and an excellent apple crisp. I would probably come back here, if only for appetizers and desserts. The entrees sort of failed to impress.


I was really excited to go to Tei-An because I'd heard such great things about the food there. It's been on my list for a long time so I was excited to finally check it off. I easily won the appetizer round with an excellent white seaweed salad. For the second round, I got the daily sashimi which was superb. Peter and Erin took this round with their pork dumplings paired with a kickin' wasabi mustard. So good. I have dreams about that dish. I ended the night with a bowl of tonkotsu ramen -- the whole reason I've been wanting to try this restaurant. It was good, not great. But that doesn't mean I didn't slurp the entire bowl.

Full RW menu for Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse here. And Tei-An, here.
Overall a successful restaurant week. We had happy mouths and bellies.
I highly recommend ya'll check it out next year. We're happy to share a reservation with friends!
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment