Tuesday, August 12, 2014

things to do in dallas - steel city pops.

So, not sure if ya'll have noticed, but it's hot.
Like, it was a pretty mild summer and now it's just full-blown hot.
I suppose I should expect nothing less of this city I love.
That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it, though.

I will be happy, on the other hand, that there are delightful treats called popsicles that can cool me down and make my mouth very happy at the same time.
Steel City Pops on Greenville Ave has just the thing!
This Alabama-based popsicle shop opened up in May and I've been itching to go since then.
I finally had the opportunity this past Sunday -- a day with a high of 100*. Perfect timing!

I can't recommend this place highly enough. One side of the menu is fruity, while the other is ice-cream-based creamy. I got coffee (creamy side) and could've eaten ten right then and there. However, the blood orange (fruity side) sounded awesome and happens to be one of their best sellers. That is definitely what I'm getting next time.
The menu is seasonal and changes almost daily. I told Peter this meant I'd just have to go every day. For research, you guys. I could, too. At $3.00 a pop, these treats are totally affordable.
Also, the line is almost always out the door. The employees are super quick, so the wait isn't terrible and it is so, so worth it.

Mmmm.
So which side are you on? Creamy or fruity??
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment