Thursday, June 6, 2013

now hear this - the neighbourhood.

I warned ya'll last month that this blog post was coming.
Did you check out The Neighbourhood when I told you to?

I will continue to defend the greatness of this band even though the concert last night left much to be desired. I'll go ahead and chalk that up to getting older.
I mean, I am getting sooo old. See?

Sigh.

Either way, cool way to start my birthmonth!

Rachel and I started the night by getting Serious Pizza in Deep Ellum. The pizzas were huge and delicious, the dough thrown right in front of you, and all the toppings placed as you watched. Pretty nifty, ya'll!


After, we headed over to Trees for the show.
The Neighbourhood is a band from California that tricks you into thinking they're from the UK.


They've got dark, soulful beats and a unique lead voice that wraps up the whole, delicious musical package. The show was a bit...off, but I really encourage you to check out the album.


Single: Sweater Weather
My fave: Let It Go

I am (obviously) not a music critic. I just know what I like (and what you'll probably like, too).
Check 'em out!
-e.

1 comment:

  1. This does not paint me in a positive light.

    ReplyDelete