Monday, June 9, 2014

happy monday! [week 9}

I'll admit, this week was a little tougher than most. I spent 3 and a half days in the hospital and - believe it or not - it's not exactly the happiest of places. My friends and family were totally incredible, though. I did not at all mind the stream of visitors and well-wishes. You guys love me so well. Thank you!

 Day 56 - new shoe debut! These sweet sandals are from a great little boutique in Bishop Arts called Strut.
Day 57 - I spent almost all day in bed this day with what I thought was food poisoning. So, you know, content for my #100happydays was a bit limited. I'd been trying to beat this game forever, though, haha.
 Day 58 - woke up in unbelievable pain. Headed for the ER and was admitted to a suite (!!!) since I'm a nurse at UTSW. Pretty sweet digs.
 Day 59 - this poor, sweet man has now learned more about my sickly body than he probably ever needed to know, yet he still stayed the night by my side. He's a keeper.
 Day 60 - my friend, Maggie, so thoughtfully brought me excellent reading material. This was actually from the night before, but I hadn't had a chance to look at it until this day. I sat in the bed grinning stupidly. Some things just really make your day. This was one of them.
 Day 61 - finally home bound with no definitive diagnosis except maybe just severe gastritis/food poisoning. Such a strange hospital stay. Huge puffy clouds on the ride home made it that much better.
Day 62 - the 2nd season of this Netflix show was released during my hospital stay. It's so nice to be able to lay low and binge-watch as I finish recuperating.

I hope you're having a fabulous start to your week!
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment