Thursday, July 17, 2014

things to do in dallas - bishop cider company.

Those of you who know me well know that I love hard cider, but hate beer. I know, I know -- it's a character flaw. I truly wish that I enjoyed beer because I can at least appreciate that there are lots of different, complex flavors and types that I'm missing out on. Not to mention, all the great local breweries that have popped up in the last 5 years. I so wish I could partake...it's just not my thing.

Cider on the other hand? I love that sparkly, alcoholic apple juice.
That's why I was so excited when Bishop Cider Co opened last month in the Bishop Arts District. A cidery in my neighborhood? Yes, please!

I went just a few weeks after their soft open, so they were still working out some kinks, but I wanted to get this post out in time for their grand opening bash (!!!) this weekend. They will officially be revealing their own brews, of which they have 3, plus offering growlers and numerous other hard ciders they keep in stock.
My favorite thing about Bishop Cider Co is that they have a wide selection of ciders that I've been mostly unable to find elsewhere. Yeah, some of it is found at Whole Foods or Central Market, but many selections I'd never even heard of. Awesome.
Also, the inside is just so aesthetically pleasing. It's minimalistic and modern, but welcoming for an afternoon spent sipping.
I definitely recommend you go check it out, especially if you love cider, and even if you don't. Pete's not a huge fan, but he sucked it up for me and actually enjoyed it!
Any fellow cider drinkers out there?
-e.

P.S. I mean, how could you not love these hours of operation?

No comments:

Post a Comment