Wednesday, January 1, 2014

now hear this - favorite albums of 2013.

Okay, ya'll. Take this with a grain of salt.
I certainly don't claim to listen to the best music (scratch that, yes I do)
and these only come from albums I purchased this year.
So. I'm sure there are some that I'm definitely missing because I didn't buy it
or didn't get into it like everyone else did (hey, The National).

But. These are my top faveys of the year.

5. Local Natives - Hummingbird
This was a great album, but had a different vibe than their first, which I liked more. I saw them live this past year, so I have a blog post about that here. Hummingbird is perfect for those days when you just really want to be mellow.

4. CHVRCHES - The Bones of What You Believe
This band is electronic, dancey, and has a female lead singer which I'm sort of a sucker for. This album was their debut and it was pretty fantastic. Perfect for wiggling your tush and tapping your toes.

3. Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
Ya'll. I love Top 40 and I am not ashamed of this fact. This album was excellent, though.
Even my dad admits that JT has some serious musical chops and for those of you who know my dad, you know this is not a compliment he gives out readily. Perfect for dancing your hiney completely off.

2. The Neighbourhood - "I Love You"
You know an album is good when you can't stop listening to it and you actually get past track 6. This young band from California already got a blog post from me, too, so I'll just leave that there. Perfect for late night hang outs under the stars in your backyard.

1. Bastille - Bad Blood
Speaking of albums I can't stop listening to: I got this one in June for my birthday and still haven't quit it. It's excellent and they burst into the music scene this year, making their way from indie stations to Top 40 to commercials and movie trailers. I am super excited for their success (except for the fact that their Austin show sold out immediately. Someone hook me up with tickets!). Perfect for singing at the top of your lungs in the car. Accompanied by air punches


Honorable mentions:
Tegan and Sara -Heartthrob
Kanye West - Yeezus
Arctic Monkeys - AM

Albums I'm sure were awesome, but I didn't buy, only listened to a few songs:
Phoenix - Bankrupt!
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito
MS MR - The Secondhand Rapture
Lorde - Pure Heroine
Haim - Days Are Gone

Did I leave your favorite off the list? Tell me! Maybe it'll become my new favorite.
-e.

1 comment:

  1. KANYE WEST, REALLY??

    other than that, thanks for the tips. going shopping now...

    ReplyDelete